Then Lucy we part with a wistful smile
Awkwardness lasts for only a while
Genuine smile, no more than that allowed
Push nostalgia’s painful cloud
For all my current life I suppose I owe you a debt
It’s been so long Lucy since we once last met
Awkward glances between those that once shared truth
Surprise meeting Lucy long days from youth
Your eyes are sweeping me to think of yesterdays
Lucy your eyes are still as lovely as the sun
Life has led us both in many different ways
Hello Lucy it has been a very long time
Even long after your silky body isn’t near
Darling Lucy I will always hold your memory dear
It was only ever simply what must be
Darling Lucy it was neither your nor me
What will be left when nothing’s in your place
Is it still all right for me to touch your face
Darling Lucy how did it all go wrong
Darling Lucy where has our loving gone
But at night darling Lucy my ears hear you cry
During daylight hours there is distance in your smile
Dreams and driving all I do is try
Darling Lucy I am too glad you are still here
Little Lucy raise your head and just give me a smile
I can give you all little Lucy that your hearts desire
Let my arms fold you in
Let your hair touch my cheek
The first press of a kiss, first touch on skin
Let me touch a trembling lip, let me see your flaws
Stand still little Lucy and give us a pause
Will your heart little Lucy ever give love a chance
Little Lucy break stride and spare me a glance
Give me half a chance to see past your lies
Stop little Lucy pause a beat of your heart
Feel the blue soul inside my eyes
Little Lucy walk by and see my smile
Lucy

No comments:
Post a Comment